Trent over at Work At Home Jobs tagged me last week with a meme. I had actually no idea what a meme was. I guess you are about to find out right now. This meme asks bloggers 5 questions about the essential us and gives us the chance to find out a little more about the bloggers in question.
It’s kind of a groovy idea, even though I admit that it took me all but nearly a week to act on this. Hehe… but then better late than never and I wouldn’t want to have you miss out on some insider gossip about me.
5 Questions You Always Wanted to Know about the Online Me:
1. How long have you been blogging?
I started off back in 2005 I think it was around September with a free blogger blog. I never really persisted and played around with blogging not really sure what to do until October 2006 when I got really serious with a free WordPress blog. I posted and blogged at least 3 times /week for about 3 month and managed to get a PR 3. Then one morning I woke up only to find my blog had been taken off the radar due to abusing the TOS.
Little did I know (since I hardly ever read the small print) that I wasn’t allowed to use affiliate links in the free WP version, which of course I did and therefore I was being kicked out.
Lesson learned. After a time of grumbling and miserable depression I came back to do it right this time around. That was back in April this year.
Haven’t looked back since.
2. What inspired you to start a blog and who are your mentors?
Not sure what inspired me to be honest at the beginning. I guess I saw the huge potential of blogging as a business and that’s what has kept me occupied ever since.
I don’t do mentors. However I admire a whole lot of people online and offline and these folk are what keep me sane with both feet planted on the ground.
3. Are you trying to make money online, or just doing it for fun?
You bet I am! I actually make money and it is growing every month. Why would I want to invest all this time into writing great content, if not for some sort of payback.
Seriously I ought to shoot myself if I was doing this with no intention of cashing in at some stage. Or else go back to full time work.
On second thoughts I rather keep blogging. It is way more fun.
4. Tell me 3 things you LOVE about being online.
Taking an active role in shaping my financial future and loving what I do with passion!
Meeting great and trust worthy people (yes they do exist, even online!)
Being able to press a button and attain any information I desire in seconds.
5. Tell me 3 things you STRUGGLE with in the online world.
Idiots and unethical people
Time restrictions due to information overload
Now onto the people I’d like to tag here. Gee, to be honest I could tag a whole lot of bloggers I respect, but I will have to limit this impulse to 5:
1. Mind power with Litemind; I bet we can all benefit from this.
2. Steve Pavlina, if you are smart, you need this!
3. Skellie is a leader in its own right. Every blogger needs to be aware of Skellie in my eyes. Not because she is from Australia, but because she is simply writing top notch stuff that is of help to any blogger who wants to make money online.
4. Karen Zara has a great mind, I bet she would be an interesting person to talk to in person as she doesn’t just say yes to anything she reads. She always manages to come up with some challenging comments. I’d sit next to her on a long plane ride any day.
5. Jonathan Fields; I recently discovered Jonathan’s blog and so far I’m very impressed by his stylish and very Oom looking blog. You simply need to see this for yourself.
I purposely tagged new bloggers here, since I wanted to give more link love to where it is deserved. All my heroes already received the juice and most have been tagged already anyway.
Hope you will enjoy these guys as much as I do.